NEHEMIAH GATEWAY University
Helping and empowering people to sustainably shape and determine
their lives in dignity and independence
Bachelor of Arts - BA
What is a Bachelor of Arts in Business?
The Bachelor of Arts in Business degree is an academic degree granted to students who successfully complete their studies in Business according to the approved curriculum and within the timeframe set by the law. With the Bachelor of Arts degree graduates have the possibility to pursue a Master’s degree and after that doctoral studies, or start a career in business, non-profit or public sector.
Curriculum of the Bachelor of Arts in Business?
The business world attracts and fascinates you? Then this program is the right choice for you! With the Bachelor of Arts in Business degree we impart you a thorough knowledge on the areas of Business and Management. During your studies you will learn a lot about Management, Accounting, Finance, Human Resources and Marketing. During the third year of your studies you can choose to specialize in Tourism Management or Entrepreneurship. Through the theoretical and practical phases, which are combined on a 50/50 percent ratio, you are prepared optimally for the work life after your studies or for pursuing your own business idea.
Career possibilities for Graduates of the Bachelor of Arts in Business?
With the Bachelor degree you obtain a thorough and general training that will enable you to work in different areas in the business, non-profit or public sector. Some of these areas include the following:
• Accounting and Finance
• Human Resource Management
Bachelor of Arts in Business in a Nutshell
Academic degree Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree recognized by the Ministry of Education; nationally and internationally accredited by the Albanian Public Accreditation Agency ASCAL and by the German Accreditation Agency FIBAA
Language of instruction
Dual-study (combination of theory and practical training on a 50/50 percent ratio)
Specialization during studies
Tourism Management / Entrepreneurship
Begin of studies
October every year
Duration of studies
The regular duration of studies is 36 months
Location of studies
N.G. University Campus in Buçimas, Pogradec
study partially abroad
Yes, at one of our partner universities in Europa
You can download here the full academic programme
90.000 ALL / Year (for Albanian students); 3.600 Euro / Year (for International students)
• State Matura average grade: at least 7
• English language skills: at least B2 level certificate (or passing the admission test in English language)
• Math skills: compulsory State Matura Exam: at last 8 (or passing the admission test in Math)
• Signed written agreement with a business firm, organization or other entity where the student can absolve his / her practical training. Click here for a list of partner firms / organizations and here for an agreement template.
Yes, through the Work & Study Program (please contact us for more information on this scholarship program)
Detailed information about the Curriculum of the Bachelor of Arts in Business, Entry Requirements and Application Documents
Steps that a student of undergraduate programme need to follow are as below:
The DUAL System follows the Dual University of Baden-Württemberg in Germany, which is a leader in “Bachelor of Arts” in Management of small and medium sized enterprises.
In cooperation with a Professional Partner, you will get trained academically as well as practically, so you are both “student” and “employee”.
The three academic years are divided into 3-month terms, which alternate between theory and practice. Theory modules usually take place on our campus in Bucimas, Albania.
N.G. University offers programme of Bachelor of Arts in Economy & Business with the possibility minor on Entrepreneurship & Tourism Management. The program comprises academic theoretical education on the various areas of economy and business (140 ECTS), practical training (30 ECTS) and thesis (10 ECTS); in total 180 ECTS. Each year is comprised of 2 semesters (24 weeks each), with each semester including 12 weeks of academic studies and 12 weeks of practical training in a firm.
· 1.Business Communication
· 2.Introduction to Business Administration
· 3.Materials Management
· 4.Basics of Information Technology
· 5.Research Methods
Practical Training 1
· Cost & Budgeting
· Entrepreneurship I
· Business Law
· Mathematics & Statistics
· Management Information System (MIS)
Practical Training 2
· 1. Marketing I
· 2. Financial Accounting
· 3. Entrepreneurship II
· 4. Microeconomics
· 5. Strategic management I
Practical Training 3
· Human Resource Management and Organization
· Marketing II
· Management Accounting
· Strategic management II
Practical Training 4
· 1. Corporate Finance
· 2. Marketing 3
· 3. Issues in Business/ Entrepreneurship / Tourism
· 4. Seminar in Business/ Entrepreneurship / Tourism
· 1.Advanced Business Law
· 2.Enterperurial Economics
· 3.Service Management
· 4. Business Opportunity Analysis
· 5.Tourism Marketing
· 6.Introduction to Entrepreneurship / Tourism
· 7. Economics of Tourism
· 8. General Business Development
Practical Training 5
· Research in Business/ Entrepreneurship / Tourism
· Trends in Business/ Entrepreneurship / Tourism
· Advanced Business Law
· Enterperurial Economics
· Service Management
· Business Opportunity Analysis
· Tourism Marketing
· Introduction to Entrepreneurship / Tourism
· Economics of Tourism
· General Business Development
Practical Training 6
Here you can download the Academic Calendar for 2018 / 2019.
All applicants for the Bachelor of Arts in Business need to fulfill the following entry requirements are:
• State Matura Average Grade: at least 7
• English language skills: at least B2 level certificate
• Mathematics skills: The compulsory state Matura Exam must be at least 8
• A copy of the agreement with the professional business partner where the applicant will do his/her practical training.
• Participate in the admission competition (written tests in English and Mathematics and interview)
The ranking of candidates is based on the formula: 50% English and Mathematics test and 50% interview.
All applicants (regular or international) for the Bachelor of Arts in Business need to submit the following documents:
• Application Form
• The original Albania A-Level graduation diploma and with transcript of grades along with notarized photocopies with the original, confirmed by respective local educational department.
• A copy of the prospective student’s identity card or passport
• Two personal photos
• All the applicants who has a High School Diploma from an institution outside of Albania, the applicant must request confirmation of degree equivalent from the Ministry of Education and Sport.
• A statement from a recognized doctor that the applicant is not suffering from infectious (transmittable) diseases at the time of application
• Proof of payment of the enrollment fee. For more information you can visit our website (ng-university.org)
An application is complete only when all other required application documents are submitted.
Your Professional Partner plays a fundamental role in your studies at N.G. University.
What do I need to know about them?
• They can be a national or international firm, NGO or public administration institution.
• They have to sign an official agreement with Nehemiah Gateway University. Please find the format of the “Framework Agreement N.G. University – Partners” (here)
Who are these Professional Partners?
Please click here to see the current list of Professional Partners.
How can I apply at a Professional Partner?
All potential partners have an agreement with Nehemiah Gateway. Therefore, when looking for the right Professional Partner, you will be assisted by staff of Nehemiah Gateway. Please contact us (here)
Here you can find more detailed information about our fees, scholarship possibilities and refund policy.
Enrollment Fee 1.300 ALL (upon enrollment in the university)
Tuition Fee 90.000 ALL / Year (Albanian students)
Tuition Fee 3.600 Euro / Year (International students)
More information about tariffs and fees you can find (here)
In addition, qualified applicants of N.G. University have the possibility to apply for a full or partial scholarship or to participate in the Work & Study Program of the Nehemiah Gateway Albania Foundation. International applicants who apply also for a scholarship may receive only conditional admission to N.G. University. Please contact us for more information on scholarship or on the Work & Study Program.
Students who withdraw from their studies are eligible to receive a refund of tuition fees paid. The amount of refund will be based on the following schedule:
• Students withdrawing before the start of the academic year or during the first week of classes are eligible for a full (100 percent) refund of the tuition fees paid.
• Students withdrawing during the second week of classes are eligible for a 75 percent refund of the applicable tuition fees paid.
• Students withdrawing after the second week of classes are not eligible for a refund of tuition fees paid.
Please be aware that enrollment or other administrative fees cannot be refunded!